S&P Global Platts, Price Reporter - LNG (London or Houston)
This position creates real-time content and analysis of the regional Atlantic Basin Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) markets as part of the global S&P Global Platts LNG team.
The role is for a key team player in the Platts Atlantic Basin price assessment group. The role is based in either Houston or London.
You will be in regular contact with the LNG regional leader in London and Houston, along with other regional news, pricing and analytics teams. The global team works together closely in an often fast-paced environment.
Develop Platts’ LNG price assessments in the Atlantic Basin. Maintain Platts' high journalistic standards as you produce well-written analysis of LNG markets supply and demand dynamics that meets Platts editorial guidelines.
What's in it for you:
You will contribute to the development of the Platts Atlantic Basin cargo benchmarks and other spot LNG assessments. You will create analysis and other content about short- and long-term LNG market trends. You will gain exposure to the LNG industry and its pricing dynamics.
What We're Looking For:
The role’s focus is to cover one of the most exciting areas in energy markets – LNG – in the region with the fastest-changing supply & demand dynamics. US LNG is changing the way the product is traded globally and regionally.
The position offers the ability to be on the frontline of developing critical news and price assessments for our subscribers.
- Gathers commodity price information, produces price assessments/markets and writes daily market commentaries
- Writes daily LNG news and market analysis for Platts’ real-time alert services, websites and daily publications. That may include analyzing data and reporting on company and industry events.
- Produces regular well-written enterprise stories for various Platts publications. Expands depth of stories through research. Develops thorough line of questioning. Follows news strategy guidelines on readership needs.
- Establishes, maintains and nurtures key sources and maintains a source list that can be shared and leveraged across the organization.
- Develops knowledge of beat and related companies/market benchmarks. Develops diverse information sources (including documents; third tier sources etc.) and a strong ability to interpret information from various documents.
- Regional travel and public speaking opportunities.
- BA degree or equivalent and approximately 2-5 years of writing/editing experience preferably on commodity markets; or a graduate in journalism, business, economics or finance, with 2 years of reporting and writing experience.
- Well-rounded communication skills. Works well in a team environment, focusing on collaboration.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft excel.
- Has good numeracy skills, research and analytical capabilities, with the capability of locating and interpreting a variety of information, and is comfortable mining and analyzing data.
- Possesses computer and keyboarding skills including a good working ability with Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Multilingual capabilities (Spanish, French or another European language) are desirable
- Self-driven, energetic and ambitious
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
Click 'APPLY' now.
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence.
We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets.
Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit platts.com.