Marketing Internship | Professional Membership - Summer 2020, The Wall Street Journal - NY
The Wall Street Journal Professional Membership team is responsible for recruiting and retaining members of the world's foremost influential business membership.
We equip ambitious professionals with the essential intelligence and tools they need to better lead their industries, grow their businesses and advance their careers.
We provide a highly specialized service that builds on the power of our journalism, the insight of our analysis, the ambition of our audience and the continuity of community.
The highly motivated Marketing Intern will support the Professional Membership marketing team in developing and executing integrated campaigns to drive memberships and attendance at global events and conferences for The Wall Street Journal.
Primary Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Assist in creating, managing and executing marketing plans for memberships and events/conferences by ensuring all deliverables are on track for completion according to deadlines, and creative is in adherence to campaign objectives and brand guidelines.
- Develop creative briefs for marketing campaigns
- Participate in cross-functional project meetings
- Create copy for email campaigns, printed brochures, letter mailings, and print and digital ads
- Manage event inboxes
- Deploy all email invites and monitor open/click rates
- Websites updates and edits
- On-site event support
- Post-event reporting and analysis
Knowledge / Experience:
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, or communications with a minimum of two years of school completed
- Strong GPA (3.0 or higher)
- Proficient in social media and have a good knowledge of social media trends
- Previous relevant internship or part-time work experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- A passion for and understanding of The Wall Street Journal brand, customers, and products.
Preferred Tools / Skills:
- Well-organized and strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Able to work independently
- Demonstrates efficiency and meets deadlines
- Able to collaborate creatively within a team
- Proficient in Google Suite products
- Working knowledge of WordPress, a plus
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).