Events Internship - Summer 2020, Dow Jones - NY
Be part of the team responsible for producing first class live events for Dow Jones, The Wall Street Journal and Barrons Group.
The Dow Jones events team produce well over 250 events a year (globally) of all shapes, sizes and formats, bringing our brands to life for our members, our clients and our colleagues.
At the heart of it all is live journalism, connecting our audiences with newsmakers and big ideas, via ambitious experiences.
This Internship is a great opportunity for a talented and motivated individuals to join the Dow Jones events team.
Our ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, and be self-motivated with strong communication skills.
As well as being extremely well organized, you should be a creative problem solver, stay calm under pressure, and be capable of multitasking.
You will also be someone who enjoys being part of a team, and can build relationships with many different types of people.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide logistical support to the Dow Jones events team to ensure effective and successful planning and delivery of events,
- Work closely with the team to manage the financial workflow for events and the events team.
- Manage the US events calendar and work with the team on resource and volunteer requirements and schedules.
- Additional responsibilities may include assisting with other meeting schedules, event- related correspondence, travel planning, and onsite participation at events.
- Undergraduate, currently pursuing a major in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field, with a minimum of 2 years of school completed.
- Comfortable and confident when supporting members of events team, and share ideas and experiences
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Attention to detail
- Maintain relevant information by researching and reviewing publications and social media
- Update shared databases
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).