Money Marketing, Reporter
The reporter is responsible for Money Marketing’s coverage across online and print including daily news, features and occasionally commissioning pieces. Alongside the News Editor, they will support the Editor in day to day activity.
They must develop and maintain strong industry contacts, work to deadlines and represent their brand at industry events.
The focus of the role is on breaking important news stories for Money Marketing’s market as well as longer form features and interviews on industry trends.
The reporter may also commission and produce content across video, audio and other digital channels.
- Sourcing and investigating exclusive news stories via contacts, tip-offs and social and other media, both their own stories and encouraging the team to pitch strong news, comment and analysis ideas
- Research and writing longer form features and analysis for print and online.
- Creating, uploading and tagging news content to websites using the Content Management System
- Optimising news stories for SEO including headline writing
- Promoting news stories through social media
- Writing time-sensitive blogs and opinion pieces on the big issues
Behaviours and Knowledge:
- Ability to produce accurate copy quickly and within defined deadlines
- Collaborative and supportive working style with peers
- Journalism knowledge and experience (preferably degree qualified)
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, and the ability to adapt style and approach depending on the audience
- Ability to organise self and others to work efficiently and manage conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Strong reporter experience to ensure accuracy and strength of news content at all times
- Maintains a regular and pro-active presence in the financial services market through regular face-to-face contact with key stakeholders and evidenced knowledge of market changes and challenges
- Is seen as a market leader, both individually and in line with brand values
How to apply:
Please complete the application form below to send your CV and Cover Letter to Justin Cash.
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
Metropolis Group respects the privacy of every person for whom we have personal data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.