Head of Audience, The Sun - NY
News UK & Ireland is a phenomenal company full of talented, dedicated, and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever growing organisation with a real passion for quality content and storytelling.
Our digital and print products include some of the most powerful media brands in the world, reaching over 30 million people each week.
Our brands include national newspapers - The Sun, The Times, and The Sunday Times and radio stations under the Wireless Group umbrella, including; Virgin, talkSPORT and many more, as well as global ad tech business Unruly and social intelligence agency Storyful.
The Sun - biggest newsbrand and News Website of The Year in the UK - is launching in the US, with ambitious plans for growth.
We need an experienced Head of Audience to run our US audience operation. You and the team will be based in New York City.
You’ll be responsible for spearheading our audience growth strategy - leading a growing team of audience editors, building relationships with distribution partners, and working with the editor to ensure we’re writing about the right things and developing strategies to grow our loyal and engaged audiences and brand.
You’ll lead your team across; social media content, growing social accounts, giving editorial SEO advice, content planning, event planning, and audience analytics. With a focus on ensuring they beat all of our traffic targets with a mix of your own creative thinking, ambition and getting stuck in.
Day to day accountabilities:
- Overall audience success, focusing on loyal and engaged users.
- Growing and inspiring a team of committed audience editors who give tactical advice on what to write, run our social accounts and work with our distribution partners.
- Ensuring that reporting and data collection is leading to innovative strategies and high quality insights and decision making.
- Competitor analysis.
- Partner relationships.
- Helping develop the Sun tone of voice and brand to deliver success in the USA.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong understanding of content, social media and SEO.
- Have a proven track record of driving growth through organic channels, partnerships and non-traditional tactics.
- Be able to analyse and explain complex data, and persuasively present findings around the newsroom.
- Have experience leading and inspiring a team and setting and achieving goals.
- Have an outstanding attitude with great commitment.
- Be a self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Have experience and understanding of the news and publishing industry.
Apply by completing the application form below.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.