Reporter, Barron's - NY
Barron's is looking for a financial markets reporter to actively drive its daily market coverage and provide analysis of what market moves mean for investors and their money.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working at multiple speeds, writing short pieces on what the stock market is doing and why, while searching for deeper insights to be shared with Barron's readers.
The candidate will be passionate about financial markets and investing, and have a proven record of writing both long and short in a fast paced digital newsroom.
This reporter will enjoy writing multiple stories a day, and trying to find the bigger story.
- Helping to lead Barron's coverage of the financial markets on a daily basis.
- Writing short articles before and after the market open and after the close and as needed throughout the day.
- Identifying market trends before they become consensus, and write about them in columns both online and in print.
- Writing actionable feature and cover stories for Barron's magazine that help investors understand market action and what they should do with their money.
- At least 5 years of experience as a reporter.
- Detailed knowledge of the financial markets, including but not limited to stocks, bonds, currencies, and options.
- Experience writing stories of various lengths and formats in different time frames, ideally for both digital and print.
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).