Production Editor - Young Post, South China Morning Post - Hong Kong
1 day left
- Full Time
Purpose of the position:
We are seeking talented, experienced and passionate production editor in generating stories mainly for Young Post readers.
- Editing, fact-checking, rewriting and improving copy with care and sensitivity and, of course, ensuring copy is free from errors, strike the right tone for Young Post readers
- Inspect elements for print or online for quality/placement, design, legality and taste
- Keep up to date on international trends in youth journalism, and advise editorial team on changes and relevant syllabus
- Advise teachers on benefits of newspapers in education, and liaise between educators, editorial and readers
- Take care of special projects, e.g. STEM pages, teacher editions, news pagination
- Collaborate closely with circulation and marketing to reach schools to promote online and print products
- Degree or above in Journalism or other related disciplines.
- At least 4 years relevant experience in news operation, teaching, interacting with students
- A youthful disposition and interest in teen trends, with good understanding the needs and aspirations of teenagers.
- Ability to craft SEO heads and social media headlines that will boost traffic
- Can do attitude with excellent English subbing skills and zero tolerance for grammatical errors, spelling and improper story structure, and attention to detail
- Ability to work closely with multimedia and video teams; ability to edit and adapt copy to suit various products and platforms
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Click 'APPLY' now.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.
You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.