Trainee News Reporter, Global Investigations Review (GIR) - DC
Law Business Research Ltd is an established news service and publishing house based in London, UK providing news, analysis and research tools for the global legal community.
The company employs approximately 350 employees across eight news and awareness brands, as well as other research and analysis publications. We have journalists based in London, Washington, DC and Hong Kong.
We are looking for a Trainee News Reporter to join Global Investigations Review (GIR) in our Washington, DC office.
GIR is a world leading news source for cross-border government investigations and internal investigations, covering corruption, fraud, sanctions and other white-collar crime, with subscribers within government enforcement, the legal industry and the wider business community on six continents.
What you would be doing:
- Covering regulatory agencies, court cases, conferences, law firms and political developments that shape the data regulatory policy and enforcement landscape
- Relying on original reporting, you would be producing daily stories for our news service as well as crafting engaging features and reports about issues relevant to the publication
- You would also be expected to take on a range of tasks in the newsroom, from high-profile cover stories to nuts-and-bolts fact gathering and research
- There will be opportunity for travel both within the US and overseas
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Journalism, Communications or Law, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to find sharp angles in stories
- Self-starter, confident in covering this critical and growing area of law and business
- Team-oriented and collaborative outlook in newsrooms
- A deep interest in business and legal reporting
In return we can offer you a rewarding career with personal and professional development in addition to a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes:
- 20 days holiday + public holidays
- Gym allowance
To apply, please click 'APPLY' to send your resume and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role and writing samples via the link below. We look forward to receiving your application.
We support a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace, and welcome applications from different backgrounds.