Data Science & Analytics Internship | WSJ Membership - Summer 2020, The Wall Street Journal - NY
We are looking for an intern to join The Wall Street Journal's membership analytics team for summer 2020 in our New York City office.
Our team obsesses over building best-in-class data products, that bring applied research methods to all stages of the customer lifecycle. This includes developing innovative modeling approaches to inform product decisions, paywall targeting, and member engagement strategies.
This internship will provide a hands-on education in the application of data science to business problems related to the growth of premium media businesses.
You will work with analytics specialists-as well as engineers, editors, and business stakeholders from across the organization-on revenue-focused projects that influence how our company operates.
What You'll Do:
- Learn about the tools media organizations use to draw meaningful insights from increasingly large datasets.
- Source, query, and clean data related to patterns of behavior in Wall Street Journal products.
- Assist in developing applications that apply predictive analytics techniques to the acquisition, engagement, and retention of digital subscribers.
Knowledge / Experience:
- You are a rising senior working toward a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics, or a related quantitative discipline. Applicants with liberal arts backgrounds and relevant experiences in media and analytics will also be considered.
- Background working either for a student publication or in a media-related internship is a plus.
- You're enthusiastic about the future of media and take an interest in the business models that support excellent journalism.
- We value diverse backgrounds, and are looking for applicants who can bring unique perspectives to the business.
Preferred Tools / Skills:
- You have experience using analytics tools (SQL, Tableau, Excel) and an interest in more advanced topics in analytics (artificial intelligence, experimental design, data engineering).
- You have some familiarity with either R or Python.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.}
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).