Data Strategy Internship - Summer 2020, Dow Jones - NJ
Data is our compass. We let data, hard facts, and numbers drive our strategy, our product development, and our way forward.
Here's how we work: Our Data Strategy team collects and integrates our own proprietary data and third party licensed content - we process and integrate millions of articles a day from more than 33,000 news and business sources from nearly 200 countries in 26 languages, while also providing equity exchange data from 49 countries and over 80,000 listed instruments.
During this ten-week internship based in Princeton, NJ you will work on a variety of projects and tasks assigned by and under the direction of managers in the Data Strategy organization.
Among the projects our Data Strategy interns might work on in 2020 are the following:
- Projects to help ensure the smooth passage and timely delivery of content from providers ranging from The Wall Street Journal to social media sources.
- Research related to customized reports and newsletters from online news content and publicly available records.
- Content enrichment projects related to a variety of automated and rules-based systems used to categorize Dow Jones content.
- Testing the accuracy and completeness of Dow Jones data related to companies, executives and financial markets.
- Compiling reports for Dow Jones Due Diligence on companies and individuals to identify legal, regulatory and reputational issues.
- Building and enhancing content for Dow Jones Risk and Compliance in areas including anti-money laundering, anti-corruption and economic sanctions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
We're looking for motivated candidates who are working towards a bachelor's degree with at least two years of school successfully completed.
We also require:
- Solid research skills
- Enjoys working with news and information, without necessarily the desire to write the news
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- In addition to English, other languages are a plus as you'll deal with Data Strategy team members around the globe including Barcelona, London, Singapore and Shanghai (sorry, no travel required)
Click 'APPLY' and submit your:
- Cover letter
- 250-500 words telling us how you believe data, hard facts, and numbers influence the world
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).