Senior Marketing Content Strategy Lead, The Wall Street Journal - NY
YOU REPORT INTO
VP, Marketing, Events & Professional Memberships
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be part of a team that is focused on Product & Brand marketing for the Journal's events and professional membership businesses.
This team is responsible for defining products and brands in collaboration with wider cross-functional team and positioning it for the market, and developing brand creative, including logos, websites and brand creative.
You have original ideas, imagination and are highly creative with a love for words, writing and editing. You understand the importance of brand personality, voice and how words and content create and reinforce psychological impressions. You are in tune with the customer.
- You will responsible for developing the narrative for The Wall Street Journal Events and Professional Memberships -- crafting the elevator pitch and master copy document (to be used by other teams) in partnership with the newsroom.
- You must tell engaging and cohesive stories consistent with the Journal brand, voice and values.
- You will also develop original and appealing copy and content for our customers across all channels, including product descriptions, email, website, social media, catalog, and video.
- You will be responsible for maintaining the brand voice in everything we write
- You will create a storytelling strategy that aligns with our marketing goals, then make it happen
- You will collaborate with partners in the newsroom and internal creative agency
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of experience at the managerial level in copy writing, editorial, and/or content
- Highly creative and organized; able to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent at ideation
- Experience managing and mentoring creative people in a creative environment
- Strong command of language and grammar
- Item copy and/or marketing copy experience
- Familiarity with our company, voice, aesthetic, and values a plus
- Familiarity with CMS, Adobe InCopy, and SEO a plus
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).