Vera, Editor - Maternity Cover
Ink is the world’s leading travel media company producing award-winning inflight-media for 30 airlines.
We work across all forms of print, digital and video, successfully creating engaging content and selling advertising across multiple platforms.
Ink is looking for a maternity cover for the Editor of Virgin Atlantic’s inflight magazine, Vera.
The Acting Editor will take full ownership of the monthly magazine, from inception through to print.
You should be a natural at coming up with offbeat, on-brand ideas (features, travel and upfront stories) and know the difference between a good story and a travel cliché.
Experience in autonomously editing a print magazine is required, organising celebrity shoots and interviews is preferred, combined with knowledge of how to engage reader with travel stories.
The key here is to put together a strong story list that sells both the magazine’s award-winning IFE content and its global destinations.
A strong interest in current pop culture (movies, TV and music) is essential, experience in entertainment journalism a bonus.
- Producing the magazine on time and to budget to the satisfaction of the client
- Organising bespoke cover shoots/interviews with A-list celebrities – from pitching talent PRs for specific covers to confirming date, location, assembling team, organising logistics and commissioning the writer
- Briefing and commissioning journalists best suited for each story
- Writing sparkling stories and editing commissioned pieces so that all copy champions the Virgin Atlantic smart, savvy and cheeky tone of voice
- Working closely with the art team to create dynamic, eye-catching layouts
- Managing the production workflow
- Meticulously editing and proofing the IFE section
- Successfully maintaining and evolving the close relationship with the client
- Working closely with and supporting the commercial team
- Managing the art editor, sub-editor and freelancer writers
Please apply by completing the application form below with your cover letter, CV and work samples to Ink’s Editorial Director Kerstin Zumstein by 10 September. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Start date: 4 November (temporary contract)