Editor-in-Chief, Cosmopolitan Middle East - Dubai
Cosmopolitan Middle East launched in 2011 and is the number one monthly women’s magazine in the region, published in the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman.
It is the life-stylist for millions of fun, fearless females who want to be the best they can, in every area of their lives from fashion and beauty, to relationships and careers.
Cosmopolitan has a unique and intimate relationship with its readers and now those in this region have been able to engage with the brand that is loved by women the world over.
Editor-in-Chief of Cosmopolitan Middle East
ITP Consumer Publishing is looking for an ambitious and talented Editor-in-Chief to manage and lead the editorial team of the magazine, digital platforms and all brand extensions including social media, events, working in collaboration with Marketing and Advertising and reporting to the Publishing Director.
Cosmopolitan is the largest media brand for young women in the world. To be at the helm of this international brand, the Editor-in-Chief’s judgment, vision and decisions should be able to reach and grow the target audience and maintain Cosmopolitan as a “must read”, despite a multitude of media competition.
It is key that the Cosmo Editor in Chief has a keen understanding of what is important and relevant to the Cosmo target reader: the millennial young woman, aged 18-29.
They will lead the team to create content that provides information on relationships, beauty, fashion, health, career and empowerment, in a relevant, entertaining and engaging way – in print and digital platforms, with a forecasting eye towards mobile.
You should be able:
- To be the Cosmopolitan brand ambassador, advocate and spokesperson, to both readers and the marketing and communications industry, taking ownership of Cosmopolitan Middle East.
- To strategically lead and direct the editorial team on the creation and production of all editorial content; across the monthly magazine, digital & social platforms, content used at reader events and any other brand extensions.
- To manage the website and think digitally first.
- To have had experience managing a website for at least 2 years.
- To manage the flat plan of each issue of the main magazine, the website and all social media channels.
- Understand the young female consumer market (students) and be able to lead the editorial team to connect and communicate with the fun, fearless readers of this magazine.
- Taking ownership of the cover story, shoot and interview for each issue, maintaining the international standards of the magazine, with exclusive interviews and international celebrities.
- Recognising regional talent and creating a platform to celebrate and showcase these people and brands, on an international level.
- Writing and editing accurate and engaging copy, displaying journalistic discipline and rigour, which is aspired to by the team.
- Creating content which is true to the brand and core pillars, whilst respecting the cultural differences of this region, along with legal restrictions.
- Ensure all content is exclusive, engaging and relevant to the reader.
- Managing the budget to produce the magazine each month.
- To understand and work within the commercial realities of publishing in the Middle East.
- Planning and editing content syndicated from Cosmopolitan’s international network to ensure local relevancy.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced Editor, with a minimum of 8 years proven journalism experience, including female, fashion and beauty consumer magazines.
Crucially, you must be flexible and have a can-do, positive attitude, which shows you are respectful, responsible and dedicated and by default demonstrate passion, brand understanding and leadership.
We are looking for someone who is dynamic, proactive, tenacious and likes to work in a multicultural environment. An individual who is accountable, socially smart and extremely organised, someone who uses their own initiative and loves to communicate and work as part of a team.
- Digital experience.
- Creative writing.
- Core management and leadership.
- Brand and product development.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain high attention to detail.
- Fully competent in InDesign and all Microsoft Office programmes.
- · Sensitivity to the specific requirements presented by this region.
- Accuracy and efficiency.
- A very good understanding of media and the media market place, but not defined by it and most definitely able to think outside its traditional parameters.
Being an ITP employee is an opportunity to be part of the largest content creation house in the region and provides the luxury of working with global brands and experienced industry leaders.
To ensure we invest in the development of our team, employees are given access to a variety of learning resources and exciting career development opportunities.
We believe in recognising the passionate efforts of our team members. Our employees are rewarded by competitive tax-free remuneration, attractive bonus structure, medical insurance and a generous leave entitlement scheme that sees annual holiday entitlement grow as tenure with the company increases. ITP employees also enjoy a variety of staff offers at many local restaurants, salons, hotels and service providers.
The position is a full-time permanent role, located at ITP’s Head Office in Dubai Media City. It is mainly office based, however occasional travel is required.
Apply now with your covering letter and CV by completing the application form below.