The Sun, Twitter Video Editor - Online
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sports, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family values.
Purpose of role:
We are looking for a passionate and driven editor to create video content for the Sun's Twitter pages.
Your day-to-day duties will include everything from sourcing, editing and scripting video for the platform in a fast paced environment.
The role requires someone who can work quickly and effectively under pressure and in breaking news situations.
The person must have a deep understanding of Twitter and effectively use analytics and data to inform their decisions. You will be required to have a high daily output of videos for Twitter.
- Produce and edit videos on a daily basis for the Sun's various Twitter pages
- Source videos from different platforms, ranging from social, agency and partners
- Quick turnaround edits
- Scripting experience for explainers
- Verify footage from breaking news situations using your editorial judgement
- Work to strict deadlines with high output expectations
- Passionate and driven individual who can act as a team player
- Remain calm under pressure and deliver work at a consistently high standard
- Self- starter, organised an effective problem solver
- Bursting with new ideas and ways to tell a story
- Familiarity with a wide variety of topics - from TV and showbiz to politics
Key Skills and Experience:
- Accuracy and speed of edits
- Ability to script explainer and SEO packages
- Expert level Premier skills
- Graphics expertise is preferable
- Proven ability to work under pressure in breaking news situations
- Track record of working across a number of teams and sections
- Constantly uses analytics to help inform the decision making process
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Proactive and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
Click 'APPLY' now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.