Managing Editor - USA, The Catholic Herald - DC
The Catholic Herald is inviting applications for the role of Managing Editor in our highly professional offices in the centre of Washington DC.
Start date: Immediately
Probation period: 3 months
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all US editorial activities
- Collaborating with UK editor Luke Coppen to determine topics and content for print and online editions
- Plan and manage all daily operations
- Supervising Catholic Herald USA research unit
- Commission leading Catholic writers where relevant
- Manage partnerships and seek commercial opportunities
- Attend events on behalf of Catholic Herald US
- Manage schedules and deadlines
- Oversee distribution of product
- Work closely with the Head of Events, Marketing and PR in the UK to strategise an effective marketing plan
- Be accountable for subscriber numbers and activity
- Analyse performance across company KPIs
- The Managing Editor will report to the Chairman and the Board of Directors
- The Managing Editor will have the opportunity to regularly contribute to Catholic Herald USA
- A successful placement may result in full-time employ.
Journalistic experience useful but not essential. Understanding of the Catholic Church in the USA is essential.
Please complete the application form below with a copy of your resume and a covering letter.