The Sun, Chief Sport Sub-Editor
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
Purpose of role:
To ensure all copy, headlines and captions published in The Sun are of consistently high quality across all platforms.
- To manage the subbing of all Sport content in The Sun across print, web, phone, tablet and any future platforms
- To ensure copy published on all platforms is accurate and treated with consistent wit and attention to detail
- To be line manager for Sport subs
- To be aware of legal and PCC considerations and ensure these are passed on to subs
- Work with production editors to get the best possible results from the subs
What we’re looking for from you:
- Understands The Sun’s DNA and how it works for paper and non-paper platforms
- Can bring Sun DNA to life on the page, screen, phone or tablet
- Witty and creative, with a broad knowledge of current affairs and popular culture
- Knows what a Sun purchaser wants and how this can be delivered on different platforms
- Understands the production process and can translate this into daily decisions
- Able to influence the Sun newsroom
- Able to lead a large team in a changing environment with multiple deadlines
- Senior newspaper production experience
- Aware of legal and PCC considerations
- Is creative, resilient and calm under pressure
Click 'APPLY' now.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.