The Sun, Senior Sports Production Editor
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
Purpose of role:
- To be responsible for page design as well as liaising with the sports hub over the use of stories.
- You will also be part of a team involved in day-to-day planning and longer term projects to produce pull-outs and magazines.
- Designing the Sport pages in close conjunction with the art desk
- Producing snappy headlines that fit with the feel of the paper and making sure we use the right pictures.
- Meet strict production deadlines without compromising editorial standards
- Drawing pages and writing headlines at speed
- Manage workflows effectively
- Work closely with all areas of production
- Effective organisation of the rota/shift patterns
What we’re looking for from you:
- Competent use of InDesign is essential
- Middle bench/back background on a national newspaper
- First-class knowledge of the current sporting scene
- Understands The Sun’s DNA and how it works for paper and non-paper platforms
- Can bring Sun DNA to life on the page, screen, phone or tablet
- Witty and creative, with a broad knowledge of current affairs and popular culture
- Knows what a Sun purchaser wants and how this can be delivered on different platforms
- Understands the production process and can translate this into daily decisions
- Able to influence the Sun newsroom
- Able to lead a large team in a changing environment with multiple deadlines
- Senior newspaper production experience
- Aware of legal and PCC consideration
- Is creative, resilient and calm under pressure
Click 'APPLY' now.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.