Production Coordinator, Barron's Group - NY
Barron's Group is seeking a full-time video production coordinator to oversee video production and operations for multiple Dow Jones publications including MarketWatch and Barron's.
Video is an integral and growing part of our journalism, storytelling and business. We are creating video series, standalone videos and animations to engage our audiences, capture new audiences and bring to life our journalism across our collection of brands.
Tasked with the production and operational process for the Barron's Group video team, the ideal candidate will come with a strong production background, excellent organization skills, an understanding of the digital video landscape, passion and understanding of business news and financial topics and ability to move swiftly and seamlessly between brands and projects.
Top candidates will have experience managing digital video production, creating and vetting budgets, tracking department budgets, coordinating video department operations and identifying opportunities for growth.
The Production Coordinator will work closely with Video GM and senior level producers in coordinating all production and video operation logistics.
He/She will be responsible for assisting the GM in creating and tracking budgets, identifying business opportunities to grow video revenue, organizing field, studio shoots and live shoots and coordinating video operations.
- Helping manage department budget and invoice payments
- Onboard and help manage new vendors and freelancers
- Own and maintain departmental subscriptions like music and photo/footage libraries
- Create production budgets and track production costs
- Vet, hire and manage freelancers for field shoots and post-production and negotiate rates
- Create call sheets
- Manage releases and freelancer contracts
- Manage internal shoots and act as lead production point on set for all logistics/issues
- Rent gear as needed for shoots; Help maintain department video gear and studio equipment
- Manage production calendar for current and upcoming projects
- Work with post-production to make sure footage adheres to specifications
- Publish and post videos on site and across multiple social media platforms and help write headlines
- Organize post-production workflow and project timelines
- Track video performance metrics
- Help identify and vet potential video partners and distribution platforms to grow revenue
- Help caption videos for social media and deliver files for posting on social platforms
- Background in video journalism
- Ability to write and script a strong plus.
- At least 1-3 years in production management or operations.
- Live experience a plus.
- Ability to produce & edit video stories a plus
- Strong understanding of evolving video technology, platforms and trends is required.
- Ability to work and solve problems under deadline pressure is a must.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Interest and understanding of business and finance topics
- Strong communication, written and collaboration skills
- A positive attitude is always a must
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).