Proactive, Junior Financial Reporter
Proactive is a London-based, multi-media financial news organisation providing real-time financial news, features, analysis, across all areas of business and investment.
We are looking for an ambitious junior reporter with a keen interest in financial markets and business to join our fast expanding team.
The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, enthusiastic, possess good writing skills and demonstrate flair in spotting a story.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Reporting to the News and Senior Editors of Proactive Investors UK, the Junior Financial Reporter will have the following responsibilities:
- Identify and write financial and business news stories
- Understand and analyse financial markets including an awareness of company accounts, macro-economic news and key stock market influences
- Implement best SEO practice and to be able to use this to build site traffic
- Liaise with clients both directly and with the sales team
- Support senior members of the team
Skills and Experience required:
- The successful candidate will have some previous experience in business journalism, financial markets, or be able demonstrate ability in a news gathering or investment environment.
- An understanding of the mechanics of the City
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- A willingness to learn and to develop new skills
- Ability to leverage coverage using social media
Work environment - what we offer:
- A competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
- Opportunities for career enhancement. Proactive is in a growth phase currently and can offer the opportunity to develop your first-rate journalism skills.
- Long term possibility to work abroad. Proactive has offices around the world and is keen for employees to take advantage of the various options that brings.
- A chance to work at one of the best-known names in financial markets in the UK, Australia and North America.
If you believe you can add something to our organisation, complete the application form below including your CV and cover letter. Please state your contact details, availability and why you are interested in working for us.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted and candidates invited for interviews will be expected to provide pieces of sample work or to take a writing test.