The Telegraph, New Formats Producer - FTC
You will be part of an exciting team responsible for creating new ways to tell stories digitally, beyond the limits of traditional article types, to bring groundbreaking journalism to life.
The new formats producer role strongly suits a journalist or digital producer with experience in newsroom innovation.
You will work closely with other journalists, designers and developers to help conceive and implement ideas that support our editorial agenda, showcase The Telegraph’s digital creativity, and drive further subscriptions and registrations.
Please note: this is a fixed-term contract position, covering a period of parental leave.
- Identifying opportunities for original content on both upcoming diary events and daily issues of interest to our subscribers and social audience.
- Working with the head of digital journalism, developers and designers on the New Formats team to create content and build intelligent and unique data-driven or dynamic visualisations, shareable interactives, innovative long-reads and more.
- You’ll play a significant part in helping to showcase The Telegraph’s digital creativity, and drive subscriptions and registrations.
- Demonstrable uptake of special projects and components within the rest of the newsroom.
- Ensure the team is a centre of excellence for digital publishing.
- Evangelise the use of visual storytelling within The Telegraph.
Essential skills required for the role:
- Experience creating compelling high quality digital journalism that drives subscriptions and registrations, and resonates with a new audience arriving via the homepage, search and social media.
- Experience working on digital projects from conception through to delivery.
- Confident working closely with web developers and designers to bring a project to fruition.
- Strong people skills and the ability to ensure buy in from the rest of the newsroom.
- Initiative with bucket-loads of imagination.
- Meticulous attention to detail to ensure high standards across all work accompanied by a restless drive to move fast.
- An infectious enthusiasm for digital publishing and what makes stories resonate with an audience.
- Willingness to lead on new platforms and publishing techniques.
- You should be comfortable working to tight and longer term deadlines, both independently or part of a team.
Additional skills useful for the role:
- Experience with image editing software
- Basic or intermediate understanding of html and css
Click 'APPLY' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.