Construction News, Features Editor
Construction News is a multiple award-winning, digital-first title with a weekly print magazine. We publish breaking news, analysis and evening briefings online daily.
CN focuses on the biggest UK infrastructure and property developments and the companies who build them.
The Features Editor will be responsible for shaping and directing CN’s features content and helping to lead our industry campaigns and events.
You will be expected to work closely with the editor on CN’s long-term strategy and will be involved in advising and eventually helping to chair on our dozens of events.
- Lead CN’s award-winning and sector-leading features including special longform reports
- Researching and writing outstanding features and analysis, editing copy and working on online and print design.
- Build a contacts book of industry leaders and spot trends our readers need to know about, from financial and political drivers to social and people issues.
- Working on our forward features, including commercial partnerships and managing reporters as they research and write features
- Working on events, such as the two-day CN Summit, our awards and bespoke events including round tables.
- Representing CN at UK and occasional international events as well as chairing bespoke events including round tables once industry expertise has been gained.
- Experience in B2B publishing preferable and demonstrable evidence of successfully leading content teams.
- Experience of writing and editing outstanding content and line management.
- Proven ability to secure industry-leading features.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the construction and property industries would be beneficial, but is not a must. Experience of reporting on / analysing business sector a must.
- Desire to work on and lead our features strategy and help reporters to improve their own writing and skills.
- CN has a close-knit team, who work together to produce the best content and events in our industry.
- You will need to demonstrate leadership qualities, outstanding contact-building skills and an insatiable appetite to help CN continue to grow as the market’s leading title.
- You will be diligent, organised and full of ideas, from helping junior members of the team to bringing in potential commercial / editorial partnerships, as well as writing brilliant content that gets the industry talking.
Please click 'APPLY' for details on submitting your CV and Cover Letter.
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees. They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
Metropolis Group respects the privacy of every person for whom we have personal data.
We comply with data protection legislation such as the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation which regulates the processing of data and ensures that your data is processed fairly and lawfully, is kept secure and only that data necessary for any processing is kept.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.