Evening Standard, SEO / Audience Development Manager
ESI Media is an innovative multichannel media business - our brands include the London Evening Standard, The Independent and London Live. We have offices based in the UK and US.
An SEO / Audience Development Manager is needed to lead and deliver ESHP growth and SEO strategies.
This role will oversee a small multi-disciplinary team in London and works closely with our data science team and senior editorial leaders to grow and engage audiences across all platforms in new and exciting ways.
We are looking for an innovative and results-driven leader who can use data to develop best practices and actionable insights.
You will work closely with editors to set coverage priorities and expand the Evening Standard in London, the UK and internationally.
You will be an expert in the digital media landscape, aware of new and emerging trends and bring significant experience within media, covering news, culture and/or entertainment.
- Lead and manage our SEO team, collaborating with editorial, data science, commercial, our in-house agency and senior leadership.
- Communicate best practices for distribution, discovery and optimization of stories.
- Grow the ESHP audiences across platforms.
- Create increased awareness of ESHP content and regular viewers across platforms.
- Maintain ownership of the on-going development on the ESHP SEO strategy.
- Keep up to date with latest developments and best practice in the SEO industry by attending events and communicating learnings to wider team.
- Develop strategic growth for video views across platforms.
- Develop new workflows for PAID, OWNED and EARNED media to keep ESHP at the forefront of our industry.
- Serve as the lead for social products and technical projects. Forecast and track ESHP KPIs and targets and report them to key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the data team and convey insights and recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Develop relationships with editors across the site.
- Work with the affiliate team to harness opportunities for revenue through ES Best.
Essential skills and experience:
- Substantial experience of successfully leading, managing and developing an SEO team and/or social media team
- Strong familiarity with ESHP and our coverage.
- Proven track record for increasing followers, engagement and traffic.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills required to manage the daily/weekly/monthly publishing flow of an editorial team and global audience.
- Experience strategising and developing ideas for long tail content.
- Experience collaborating with editors to grow and increase audience, both on site and across platforms.
- Proficiency in analysing complex issues and developing actionable insights and plans – using data from proprietary platform analytics (e.g. Facebook) and or third-party aggregate sources (e.g., CrowdTangle).
- Experience using SEO tools (e.g. Webmaster tools, SEMrush) and reporting and analytics tools (Omniture, Chartbeat).
- Ability to interpret data and make insightful recommendations.
- Skilled content creator.
- Ability to clearly communicate best practices to large editorial operations.
- Expert knowledge of trends and tools for social media platforms.
- An understanding of the commercial risks and opportunities associated with audience growth.
- Experience of working in a dynamic fast-paced media environment.
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focussed way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
To apply, please send an up to date CV along with a full covering letter with salary expectations by completing the application form below.