Digital Spy, Deputy TV Editor
Digital Spy, the UK’s biggest TV and movies website, is looking for a bright, hardworking TV obsessive to join its team of dedicated superfans.
The Deputy TV Editor will help to run the best and busiest TV desk in UK media, the country’s most authoritative and enjoyable source for popular entertainment news.
Reporting to the TV Editor, you will source and write features and news stories on all areas of TV – predominantly covering scripted drama (UK and US), along with reality shows, game shows and factual entertainment, from Doctor Who and Outlander to I’m A Celebrity and Top Gear.
You’ll know your Arrowverse lore, Love Island gossip and the Netflix release schedule better than your own mother’s birthday.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic digital TV journalist with a well-stuffed contacts book wanting to take a step up.
The winning candidate will be highly organised and have an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things TV.
They will have a profound understanding of the specific requirements of digital media. They will be a witty and stylish writer, a data hound driven by analytics and a creative thinker capable of generating a constant stream of ideas.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Source and write exclusive news stories about TV
- Predict audience interest in upcoming shows, especially UK and US scripted, and write and generate TV features that respond to that demand in advance
- Work with the news department to help steer Digital Spy's coverage of TV, ensuring it upholds Digital Spy’s rigorous standards of accuracy and evenhandedness
- Work alongside the TV, Movies and Soaps editors to cover every area of entertainment
- Work alongside the TV Editor and Social Media team to formulate and enact a strong, smart and engaging social strategy for the TV section
- Plan and implement long-term search wins within the field of TV
- Keep abreast of the changing TV landscape day by day
- Plan comprehensive coverage and strategies for key TV events and launches
- Attend and report on relevant and appropriate TV events such as launches, finales, junkets, awards and red carpets (Occasionally this will involve weekend/unsociable hours)
- Source and conduct interviews with an aim to providing exclusive stories for Digital Spy
- Analyse and report on DS audience data for TV and respond to it
- Maintain good contacts with TV publicists and the wider industry
- Appear on radio, TV and social media broadcasts where necessary
- Deputise for the TV Editor in their absence
Click 'APPLY' now.