Road Transport Media, Head of Content
Primarily Motor Transport (print and digital edition); Commercial Motor (print) Motortransport.co.uk; Motor Transport Awards; Freight in the City; Executive Brief.
Reporting to the editor of Motor Transport, the Head of Content is responsible for producing content across our print weekly and fortnightly titles and our news-based web site.
This print, digital and events content must meet the needs of road freight transport operators and is designed to deliver subscriptions and sign-ups. While this is an office-based role at our Sutton head office, attendance at awards, exhibitions and conferences is also involved.
Road Transport Media (part of DVV Media International) is at the heart of the road transport industry.
We fully understand the wants and needs of our audiences, working hard to deliver high-quality, profitable products and services that connect buyers and sellers.
Motor Transport and Commercial Motor have been read and respected by the operators of heavy goods vehicles for well over 100 years.
They remain the market leading publications for the 90,000 UK operators of HGVs covering some of the key issues facing the UK today including climate change, road safety and autonomous vehicles.
Motor Transport is focused on the business of road transport while Commercial Motor is dedicated to truck-related content.
- Working with the MT Editor to compile news coverage across 20 issues of Motor Transport for controlled circulation and paid-for subscribers, focusing on road transport operators.
- Working with the Editor and Deputy Head of Content and managing a small team of experienced freelancers to ensure a strong pipeline of relevant content published daily on Motortransport.co.uk that will build traffic and drive reader registrations.
- Working with the CM Editor and a recently recruited reporter to deliver industry, legal and product-related news each week in CM.
- Maintaining close contact with key stakeholders in the UK road transport industry to develop exclusive must-read editorial content.
- Managing freelance news resources and having budgetary responsibility to ensure cost-effective use of resources to deliver high value content.
- Chairing judging sessions for the Motor Transport Awards, alongside producing shortlists and winner profiles designed to promote the event as the premier awards in the UK road transport industry for both attendees and sponsors.
- Working as a team with the Editor and Deputy Head of Content to ensure the delivery of editorial and seminar content for our Freight in the City exhibition, designed to encourage event attendance.
- Working as a team with the Editor and Deputy Head of Content to ensure the delivery of weekly Executive Brief, Breaking News and Freight in the City eNewsletters.
- Writing in-depth investigative news stories and occasional features
Apply by completing the application form below.