Senior Program Director, SourceMedia - NY
Live journalism at SourceMedia connects our audience with industry leaders and big ideas.
SourceMedia’s conference group is seeking an experienced, news-savvy, creative subject matter expert in the area of wealth and asset management to join our highly successful conferences team as a senior program director.
The program director will build the content for events in the wealth and asset management market, primarily focusing on how technology and digital transformation are re-shaping these industries.
- Conduct interviews, surveys, and focus groups to determine topics and speakers that are most attractive to designated audience
- Create the content strategy, speaker roster and overall agenda for 3-5 conferences per year.
- Invite speakers to participate, communicating the value in participating in these industry-leading events
- Write session descriptions, collect speaker photos and bio, schedule prep calls and generally manage the entire agenda creation process
- Work collaboratively with event marketing manager and sales team to position and market the event to key audiences
- Establish relationships with key industry players to facilitate long-term participation as speakers or sponsors at our events
- Manage the event content on site, including run of show, speaker schedules, and presentations and other requirements
- 5+ years experience as a program manager or director organizing wealth or asset management events
- Or, 5+ years experience as a journalist or consultant covering the wealth or asset management industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong writer with the ability to make the staid sound scintillating
- Should be flexible with travel and have proven experience of meeting tight deadlines
- SourceMedia is a collaborative and collegial place, so a positive, open work style is crucial to the team’s performance
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our extensive offerings include medical, dental, and vision coverage; disability and life insurance; paid time off; a 401(k) plan; a pre-tax transportation payment program; and subsidized health club membership.
For consideration, please click 'APPLY' to send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirement.
SourceMedia complies with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination because of age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest records, unemployment status or any other protected category.