Audience Voices Moderator, The Wall Street Journal - NY
The Wall Street Journal's Opinion section is looking for an audience voices moderator to work on a contract basis, who will be responsible for moderating audience conversation, as well as creating and implementing engagement strategies.
The ideal candidates will be comfortable making objective decisions quickly about whether audience posts meet guidelines for publication.
They will deploy strategies to drive deeper engagement with members, as well as help create articles and other features from audience submissions.
Candidates should be comfortable interacting directly with readers as a representative of the Opinion section of The Wall Street Journal.
This position will involve editorial decision-making on featuring the most thoughtful comments, helping Opinion editors and editorial writers develop prompts, and finding relevant reader questions, tips and story ideas.
Flexibility around work schedule is helpful in this job.
Skills / Responsibilities:
- Exercises superb judgment in moderating comments, which may contain sensitive information.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates excellent audience engagement skills.
- Demonstrates the highest commitment to The Wall Street Journal's standards.
- Helps surface reader comments and tips to editorial writers and Opinion editors.
- Experience with high-volume commenting platforms is preferred.
- General awareness of how a newsroom works and others' roles and responsibilities.
- Familiarity with news and online communities is preferred.
- Develops best practices to promote positive behavior and encourage reader participation.
- Comfort with audience data.
- Experience with video production is helpful though not required.
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).