Visuals Producer, The Wall Street Journal - NY
The Wall Street Journal is seeking visuals producers to join its Off-Platform team.
Visuals producers ensure that The Wall Street Journal's social and off-platform offering, every hour of the day, is giving our audience the best possible experience.
The job involves developing the WSJ's visual approach across social channels-particularly vertical platforms-working directly with the photo, video, graphics, design and strategy departments to create compelling multimedia packages and find opportunities to serialize features.
This person will distribute and optimize visually driven content, understanding where and how it appears on specific channels.
- At least two years of experience working at the intersection of social media and journalism.
- Experience as a photo editor, video or multimedia producer preferred.
- Experience working with visual-first platforms, especially Instagram and Snapchat.
- Experience with photo and video editing software, including Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, After Effects and/or other relevant tools. Animation skills a plus.
- Sound editorial judgment and a clear understanding of WSJ's publishing standards.
- Understanding of and familiarity with social-media publishing and analytics tools, including SocialFlow, Parse.ly, CrowdTangle and other relevant software or platforms.
- Collaborate with our audience teams to ensure the Journal's visually driven stories are executed at a high level across on- and off-platform channels to reach new and existing subscribers.
- Contribute to efforts associated with the day-to-day publishing of WSJ content on social, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more.
- Write and edit social-media copy with the utmost deference to our journalism, ensuring accuracy and clarity above all else. Proven experience as a news editor is a plus.
- Help codify best visual practices on social media, including use of native video, slideshows and GIFs; clarify and update the guidelines as necessary.
- Explore opportunities for live-streaming via various platforms; conceive original content that can be serialized on those platforms.
- Coordinate with other social-media editors, including colleagues in Europe and Asia, to ensure smooth transitions in social publishing around the clock.
- Closely collaborate with our homepage and mobile editors to maintain a unified publishing schedule on and off platform.
- Support social media strategy in coverage areas:
- Help news desks craft social language and procure social-friendly visuals.
- Attend planning meetings for photo, video and graphics teams, identifying stories with new audience development potential.
- Stay informed about what is publishing on a short- and long-term basis; spot important stories and provide social guidance.
- Identify high-potential stories for audience teams to set expectations for performance.
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health.
It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).