Senior Translator - Chinese, Dow Jones & Company, Inc. - NY
Senior Translator sought by Dow Jones & Company, Inc. in New York, New York to translate English language financial news sourced from WSJ and other Dow Jones media into Chinese on a timely and accurate basis for publication on Chinese WSJ.com and Dow Jones Chinese-language news products.
- Choose appropriate and valuable news and features from the Wall Street Journal, WSJ.com and Dow Jones Newswires to translate, utilizing advanced knowledge of Dow Jones editorial choices and styles
- Monitor real-time US capital market news, important data analysis, company and macro news and other important breaking news
- Edit and proofread translated documents from English to Chinese
- Take on the responsibility of Web Editor when necessary
- Provide feedback to team leaders and editors on translation problems and other issues as they arise
- Bachelor or foreign equivalent degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field and two (2) years of experience in the position offered, as a Translator, Translation Editor or a related occupation, including translating financial news, including macroeconomic news, corporate news, foreign exchange news and commodity market news, from English to Chinese
- Editing and proofreading Chinese translation of documents and articles written in English
- Mentoring and managing other translators to do the news selection and translation work.
- Alternatively, employer will consider an applicant with a masters or foreign equivalent degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field and one (1) year of experience in the position offered, as a Translator, Translation Editor or a related occupation, including the above-mentioned specific skills.
This position requires fluency in Chinese language.
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).