Research Editor - Due Diligence, Dow Jones Newswires - NJ
Due Diligence Research Editor sought by Dow Jones & Company, Inc. in South Brunswick, New Jersey.
In overseeing the preparation and publication of Due Diligence Reports (proprietary business operations research reports that help investors and companies identify potential red flags and mitigate against financial crime and reputational damage), the Due Diligence Research Editor will:
- Research and write Due Diligence reports to exact specifications, using a range of relevant electronic published sources, including company and government websites and sources carried on Dow Jones own products
- Collect and analyze data regarding suppliers, customers, and third party companies from Dow Jones proprietary data and third party licensed content (which consists of articles published by Dow Jones and business sources from 200 countries in 26 languages, as well as equity exchange data from 43 countries and over 82,000 listed instruments)
- Provide training and mentoring to researchers worldwide on writing and producing high quality Due Diligence Reports; lead and organize teams of researchers to produce large and complex reports
- Provide clear information and guidance to members of the wider Risk & Compliance research team on issues related to Due Diligence reports
- Maintain close communication with the rest of the Due Diligence team and ensure that colleagues are kept informed of the current situation; respond to queries from management, sales and clients quickly, clearly and courteously
- Contribute to ensuring coverage definitions, procedures and standards relating to Due Diligence reports are up to date
- Contribute to guidelines, data collection and tools to improve the quality and efficiency of the Due Diligence process; contribute to the definition of key quality metrics
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining comprehensive program for monitoring and publishing reports on the quality, timeliness and completeness of content
- Contribute to regular updates and reports on the progress made against specific quality targets to the Managing Editor, Desk Editors, Research Editors and DD Business Champion
- Utilize Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, Advanced Excel Formulas, Advanced Excel Charting, Pivot Table and Pivot Reporting, VBA and Macros and Factiva Advanced Research
- Provide, as appropriate, updates and reports that may be used for internal and external communication
- Requires a Bachelor or foreign equivalent degree in Business Administration, Finance, Operations Research or a related field and two (2) years of experience in the position offered, Research Editor, Operations Research Analyst or a related occupation, including researching and writing due diligence reports using a range of relevant electronic published sources; contributing to guidelines, data collection and tools to improve the quality and efficiency of the due diligence process; utilizing Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, Advanced Excel Formulas, Advanced Excel Charting, Pivot Table and Pivot Reporting, VBA and Macros and Factiva Advanced Research.
To apply, please click 'APPLY' and e-mail your resume.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).