Country Living, Acting Features Editor
3 days left
- Full Time
The Lifestyle publishing division at Hearst Magazines UK is home to some of the world’s most iconic and successful magazine brands including Good Housekeeping, Country Living, ELLE Decoration, Prima, Red and House Beautiful.
We pride ourselves on giving our readers outstanding quality journalism, originality and unforgettable brand experiences all delivered with passion, creativity and expertise.
Reporting to the Deputy Editor, you will produce, write or commission highly inspiring Country Living features and editorial content, delivered in line with the magazines’ editorial direction and to the brief laid down by the Editor and Deputy Editor.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To produce an annual plan, issue by issue for all main features approved for inclusion in the magazine by the Editor and Deputy Editor, to see them through to on-page completion, including active collaboration with the picture/art desks and liaising with freelance writers and the members of the features team.
- To produce, write or commission news, interviews and profile content for the magazine, covering a broad range of relevant topics and elements to deliver the brief laid out by the Editor and Deputy Editor.
- Look out for new writers and creative talent in keeping with the brand's editorial direction and readership.
- To pro-actively contribute ideas and concepts for the general advancement of the magazine brand at forward planning meetings and team strategy catch-ups.
- Be on the look-out for appropriate opportunities to reuse suitable content from other titles in the division within the magazine.
- Equally be ready to take a collaborative approach when it comes to sharing Country Living content with these titles.
- Collaborate with the Country Living Website Editor to ensure fluidity and cohesion with the content on both platforms.
- Ensure that the Country Living editorial schedule includes content that support and promotes the magazine’s numerous brand extensions.
- Ensure the team work through the most cost effective and relevant editorial workflow sources available.
- Collaborate with the Workflow Directors and Managing Editors to deliver an effective and efficient workflow process and meet all magazine deadlines.
- To pro-actively manage less-experienced writers, mentoring them to enable more effective and accurate contributions ensuring copy deadlines are met and commissioned features fall within budget.
- You will act as a representative of the Country Living brand, developing and maintaining relationships with key PRs, organisations, designers, manufacturers and retailers. To be the in-office contact for marketing departments and PRs.
- You will contribute to ideas for brand extensions as required. These will include products, shows and print products.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the Features budget.
- We are looking for an experienced, creative and highly visual individual with excellent editorial skills to join the team
- Exceptional features journalist with writing and editing experience gained following time working for a large, preferably national publication or publications
- Pro-active, outgoing, energetic personality with proven creative/visual acuity
- Experience in commissioning writers and editing copy
- Meticulous and hyper-organised with exceptional time management skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills with ability to motivate and encourage team members to solve problems quickly
- Ability to manage tasks to a tight deadline and deal with challenges calmly and efficiently
Click 'APPLY' now.