WIRED, Senior Editor
5 days left
- Full Time
WIRED is looking for an experienced journalist to work across its multiple platforms.
The successful candidate will be a highly literate team player who is full of ideas, always curious and very energetic.
A passion for technology, innovation and startup culture is a must, as is an eye for detail. They will also understand the importance of self-reliance in delivering quality, accurate copy at speed to meet deadlines – all while maintaining a positive, upbeat attitude.
The candidate will be co-editing the Start section in the print edition, along with contributing stories more broadly across all sections, and running a vertical on the website.
They will be expected to generate stories suitable for multiple formats and which range from timely, uncovered angles on up-to-the minute news, to forward-thinking pieces that identify must-know future trends – all backed up with meticulous research.
Our Senior Editor will need to enjoy a challenge as this role will be busy and demanding – but also very enjoyable and a great opportunity to play a part in shaping WIRED’s future.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Commissioning and co-editing the Start section in co-operation with the art and production departments, and commissioning and editing content for the website
- Commissioning multimedia content for the magazine's digital editions
- Generating ideas for sections across the magazine
- Writing across the magazine as commissioned
- Contributing to WIRED's website, podcast, video and other outlets for WIRED content as directed
- Offering ideas and suggestions to WIRED Consulting, and assisting in the production of supporting materials
- Co-curating and programming WIRED events, including identifying and contacting potential speakers, performers and guests.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum three years’ experience in journalism
- Evidence of strong reporting and commissioning skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to deliver clean, fact-checked copy
- Deep understanding of WIRED content and the broader WIRED brand
- Brimming with actionable ideas on how WIRED can make the most of its content and resources across a wide range of digital formats
- Working knowledge of InCopy and CMS systems an advantage
Click 'APPLY' now. In addition to a covering letter and CV, applicants should provide:
- Three ideas for the Start section
- Three ideas for the website that would fit our verticals
- Three ideas for the features well