HELLO!, Features Intern
We are currently advertising exciting internship opportunities within the Hello! family.
These roles would suit candidates who are avid readers of Hello! and regular visitors to our website Hello.com.
In addition, the successful candidate will have an excellent working knowledge of the Royal Family as well as current celebrities.
We particularly welcome applications from graduates who hold a degree of postgraduate qualification (or equivalent) in Journalism.
Features Intern - Working on HELLO! Magazine
Although this is not an exclusive list the main responsibilities and duties will include:
- Research and write articles for the HELLO! website.
- Assist the online team with research tasks when needed
- *Work in the Online office if not required by the magazine
Tuesday - Friday
- To assist the editorial department with research tasks as and when required
- To write regular features, news stories and advertorials as directed
- To attend launches, events, photo-calls and premieres, as required
- To carry out interviews, liaising with PRs to arrange interview times, when required
How to apply:
If you would like to be considered for the role of Features Intern, please send an up to date copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your relevant experience by completing the application form below. In addition please complete and submit the following tasks:
- Tasks for Features Intern:
- 1. In no more that 100 words write a news piece on a celebrity who is being discussed in the media right now, in the style of ‘7 Days.’ 100 words
- 2. In the style of ‘The Inside Story,’ write a current news story. 150 – 200 words
Closing Date: 2 June 2019
Start date: 26 June 2019
Hours of work: Monday 9:00 – 17:00, Tuesday – Friday 10:00 – 18:00. Please note that as is standard within the industry you may, on occasion be required to work additional hours.
Duration: 6 months
Please note that our internships are popular and due to the volume of applications that we receive we are only able to respond to candidates who successful meet our criteria. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of your application then regrettably you have not been successful.
It is a requirement of this role that you are able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK at interview stage.
If you are unsuccessful we will not hold your details without your prior consent.