Esquire, Digital Editor
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented Digital Editor to oversee the day-to-day running and future-facing strategy for the digital arm of the Esquire brand.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing a team of 5+ editors / writers and commissioning freelancers to produce smart, industry-leading men’s fashion, lifestyle and culture content on a daily basis.
- Ensuring factual accuracy and legal safety of all copy, as well upholding Esquire’s editorial standards and tone
- Developing and implementing long-term strategies around journalistic excellence, audience growth, ecommerce and and brand awareness.
- Using data analysis to create reports that help inform the team and wider business of our achievements and aims.
- Working with social and video teams to ensure we’re always innovating and adjusting to reach our readers across various platforms.
- Working closely with Esquire print team to ensure brand cohesion and maximize opportunities for collaboration.
- Overseeing coverage of Esquire events, including Esquire Townhouse and Esquire Self-Made
- Representing Esquire at key industry events, including outside normal working hours
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business to grow revenue and enhance our commercial proposition.
- Ensure the smooth running of the digital brand financially, from managing budget to processing invoices.
- Staying informed and on top of men’s interests, particularly fashion and culture.
- First rate writing and editing skills.
- A proven track record of running a luxury digital brand and managing a team.
- Experience commissioning and editing features.
- A strong eye for data and strategy, comfortable using Google Analytics and other insight tools to inform content and set targets.
- A solid knowledge of both SEO and e-commerce, and how to build a strong search strategy that results in both traffic growth and revenue with the best possible UX.
- An eye for numbers, comfortable managing budgets, tracking spend and understanding revenue break-downs.
- A thorough understanding of social platforms including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- An obsession with men’s fashion and culture and a brimming contact book of relevant industry contacts.
Click 'Apply' now.