Go Ape, Digital Marketing Senior Executive
JOB TITLE: Digital Marketing Senior Executive
REPORTING TO: Digital Marketing Manager
The primary purpose of the job is to conceive, produce, maintain, and refresh written and audio-visual content for Go Ape’s UK website.
All content on the website must maintain our brand tone, be optimised for SEO, and reflect our underlying vision to encourage everyone to live life more adventurously.
The website is critical to our commercial performance, accounting for the majority of our bookings (and therefore revenue).
As such the job also needs to closely measure and report on website performance (SEO organic ranking, traffic, engagement, partner performance etc) and adapt website architecture and content strategies in order to improve customer journeys and conversion.
Main duties / responsibilities:
- Deliver a content strategy for Go Ape’s UK website, such that there is clarity on the website’s performance targets for the year (in particular organic traffic, conversion rates, engagement), commissioning priorities for new content, seasonal content plans, and agreed standards for maintaining and refreshing content
- Own the website on a day-to-day basis, such that there is a clear point of contact, ownership of any editorial or marketing opportunities and issues, and a strong voice in terms of how the website should develop in the future
- Implement best practice user journeys integrating the website with third-party platforms such as Mailchimp and the booking engine and ensuring the data collection is GDPR compliant.
- Ensure all content is optimised for SEO, working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager, such that Go Ape ranks highly on all agreed search terms in combination with other SEO and PPC workstreams
- Continually review the content on the site to ensure it feels fresh, vibrant, and relevant to the full range of our customers
- Conceive, write, and commission new content (e.g. audio-visual), such that the website is continually aiming to be ‘two steps better’ and encourages new customers to have adventures with us
- Analyse customers’ experience across our site (e.g. traffic, bounce rate, conversion rate, engagement, etc) to identify and evaluate trends, identify things that have worked well / less well, and respond rapidly as required to optimise user journeys and experience
- Ensure all marketing campaigns are fully delivered via the website as our primary marketing channel; and integrated with all other marketing channels to deliver customer continuity
- Bring and apply market and competitor insight to the role, such that the role holder is seen as an industry expert, and the website is always striving for best practice (across all sectors, not just our own)
- Be a strong team player within the marketing team (and across Go Ape more generally) to deliver projects and campaigns that involve the website, to share information and insight on the website performance, and to provide digital marketing expertise as required
- Highly competent user of CMS systems (Kentico experience highly beneficial)
- Capable of efficiently and effectively analysing performance data via Google Analytics and CMS Analytics
- A good understanding and application of best practice SEO in relation to website content
- Excellent copywriting skills with strong spelling, grammar, and tone of voice
- Good understanding of UX and creating compelling customer journeys and GDPR
- Good understanding of customer profile, product and competitors
- Close attention to detail
- Experience in marketing within B2C retail sector
Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to effectively create strong relationships with co-workers across functions and geographies, leverage both internal and external resources, and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills & proven capability to use data to drive business decisions & marketing optimization. Commercial acumen with a lot of common sense.
- Good creative appreciation and copy writing skills with the ability to contribute fresh and innovative ideas.
- A self-motivated, pro-active team player with superior organisational skills.
- Results-focused with a demonstrated track record of making informed decisions quickly.
- A passion for problem-solving and curiosity about how consumers research and make purchase decisions.
- Ability to express facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organised manner.
- Ability to take direction and effectively lead projects to achieve goals.
- A keen interest in digital marketing and strong knowledge of the latest developments and future trends
- Excellent oral, presentation communications and writing skills with extensive experience in all forms of written communication.
- A good understanding and keen interest in outdoor adventure.
- Keeping the adventure in adventure
- Encouraging 'I can't' to be 'I can'
- Always seeking to be two steps better
- Zero risk equals zero development
- To challenge, suprise and excite
- Build in customer delight
- Be socially and environmentally responsible
- Create worthwhile, rewarding jobs
- Do the right thing
- To be the best Adventure company on the planet - where you can be home in time for tea
- Creating adventures, encouraging everyone to live life adventurously
Click 'Apply' now.