Elle, Art Editor
We are looking for a talented Art Editor to join Elle. You will be working with the Creative Directors, Art Director, Designers and the Picture Team to complete and enhance all visual content from initial design concept through to the final printed product
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Creative Director & Workflow Director to constantly develop the unique visual style of each magazine and monitor overall production throughout each issue
- Design pages that perfectly complement the editorial content and that follow the house style whilst maintaining the individual style, design and look of each individual brand.
- Take initiative in making design decisions
- Marking up pages to be sent to press and pre media
- Checking colour proofs, ensuring pages are of an excellent standard and any corrections or instructions have been actioned when requested
- Read copy and be aware of every component of a feature before designing
- Work closely with the Production and Picture teams to ensure production standards are maintained and deadlines are met
- Select pictures and illustrations to be used throughout the magazines while ensuring at all times that these images and visual directions are approved by heads of department and the EIC / Editor
- Understand the visual difference of the brands and have a disciplined approach to maintaining their visual identities.
- Attend picture meetings, and other meetings when requested and contribute inspirational ideas for visuals
- Commission illustrations on schedule (after approval from the Workflow Director and Editor)
- Source new illustrators
- Assist in the development of the Designers
- Gain full knowledge of the role of the Creative Directors and their involvement in production and running of the art team
- Generate new ideas to keep the magazines looking fresh
- Work efficiently at all times to ensure deadlines are met
- Alert the Creative Directors to any potential problems or issues
- To work with industry-standard toolsets to complete your work, as well as work within the proscribed processes of the structured workflow systems used to create editorial content
- You will be required to undertake commercial, marketing and/or digital editorial work as and when requested
- Demonstrate experience working as a Senior Designer or Art Editor on a leading monthly magazine title.
- Excellent knowledge of magazine design, typography, photography and illustration
- Highly creative able to think laterally and come up with brilliant design ideas in a demanding and challenging environment
- Ability to take initiative and to implement key visions and develop them
- Ability to take initiative when making decisions of design and coming up with ideas
- Well organised
- Previous experience working as part of a team and ensuring the smooth running of a department
- Exceptional passion, enthusiasm for the brands and an endless supply of new ideas
Click 'Apply' now.