Motion Graphics Video Editor, Barron's Group - NY
7 days left
- Full Time
Barron's Group is seeking a full-time motion graphics video editor to produce, edit and animate video content for multiple Dow Jones publications including MarketWatch and Barron's.
Video is an integral and growing part of our journalism, storytelling and business. We are creating video series, standalone videos and animations to engage our audiences, capture new audiences and bring to life our journalism across our collection of brands.
Tasked with producing, editing and animating videos to tell compelling stories and crafting engaging visuals, the ideal candidate will come with a strong creative sensibility, passion and understanding of business news and financial topics and ability to move swiftly and seamlessly between brands and projects.
Top candidates will have experience reporting, conceptualizing and executing motion graphics, as well as demonstrate strong editing skills.
This role will create highly-visual animations and videos that make sense of complicated topics, trends, and issues focused on business and finance as well as edit documentary style video.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and produce motion graphics and animations
- Edit videos utilizing video, stills and motion graphics
- Pitch, write and report explainer style videos on various business and finance topics
- Create and edit motion graphic videos, including screen capture, explainer videos and illustration highlights
- Generate story ideas for regular business and finance videos
- Pitch, develop, research and write stories for business and finance videos
- Color-correct and sound-mix final videos
- Maintain broadcast quality on all video products
- Maintain Brand aesthetics
- Work both independently and collaboratively with Producers to design motion graphics that transform complicated concepts into clear visuals
- Utilize knowledge of typography and advanced principles of design, using a variety of applications (including After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Create storyboards and design concepts that clearly define the graphics' intent
- Manage priorities and workload effectively to meet all schedules and deadlines.
- Set accurate estimates on delivery expectations and send status updates to stakeholders
- 3-5 years experience producing motion graphics and producing informational animations and videos
- Creative storyteller who is able to bring to life complex topics to life with dynamic and engaging visuals
- Professional-level understanding of Adobe Suite, with a high level of expertise in Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with multiple camera setups, including but not limited to the Sony FS7 and A7S and studio lighting setups a plus
- Documentary editing and motion graphics experience
- Deep understanding of file formats, codecs, and frame rates
- Ability to breakdown the elements of a story or set of statistics and recreate them in a visually engaging, creative way
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Interest and understanding of business and finance topics
- Strong communication, written and collaboration skills
- A positive attitude is always a must
Click 'Apply' now. Applications should include a resume, cover letter and clips / reel.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).