Editor-in-Chief, Time Out - Dubai
Reporting to: Editorial Director
Time Out Dubai is looking for a brilliant, creative and dynamic Editor-in-Chief, with multi-platform experience, to oversee the creation of all content across digital and print.
You must have a demonstrable passion for editorial innovation, and experience managing a team in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for the overall production, execution and management of Time Out Dubai across print, digital and application products.
- Manage and motivate an editorial team, work with other Editors within the Group to make sure goals and projects are aligned, and maintain a strong working relationship with the commercial team.
- Setting content strategy and planning editorial calendar across digital, print, video, audio and social.
- Meeting web traffic and print circulation goals.
- Work with the Editorial Director to ensure ALL content reflects overall content / editorial strategy.
- Overseeing Time Out Dubai’s annual Awards processes and monthly calendar of events.
- Determine what medium is best suited for a particular content piece and work with internal and/or external writers, producers, designers, photographers, videographers, illustrators, product managers, etc. to make it live on deadline and on budget.
- Ensure Time Out Dubai’s editorial standards are met, all relevant copyrights have been cleared, content is optimised for SEO and content meets local and legal guidelines.
- Support the Editorial Director and sales team by being an ambassador for Time Out Dubai, by supporting and helping to develop revenue-generating content strategies and establishing good relationships PRs.
- Have your finger on the pulse of the local scene; use your professional contacts and social-media networks to be the first to identify the next big thing.
- Undertake reviews and attend events outside of office hours.
- Embrace Time Out GCC’s digital-first philosophy. A strong background in digital publishing is absolutely essential.
Personal attributes and essential skills:
- A doer.
- Superb organisational skills.
- Keen creativity and a real eye for design – great covers, video formats, visually-engaging content packages.
- A skilled manager.
- Is excited by the challenge of last-minute, ad-hoc projects in addition to daily output.
- Able to work creatively and efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Bursting with a wealth of ideas that can be used across all Time Out platforms.
- Data driven and excited by analytics.
- Excellent grasp and understanding of SEO best practice.
- A demonstrable passion for and excellent knowledge of digital content creation.
- Highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience writing tight briefs for external contributors.
- The ability to write copy in line with highest digital editorial standards.
- A strong industry reputation. (desired)
- Flexibility and a professional approach at all times.
- Education: Must be educated to degree level or equivalent industry qualification.
What we look for in a candidate:
ITP Media Group is company filled with individuals as diverse as the subjects we cover. At the same time there are common characteristics we all share.
To join our team you’ll want to…
- Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Either have experience at or want to dive headfirst into a fast-paced digital-first company
- Think BIG
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Be commercially astute
- Be a team player
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Assisting in raising the profile of Time Out Dubai Arabic and ITP Media Group
- Any other reasonable requests from the company directors
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter by completing the application form below.