Creative Solutions Editor, Time Out - Dubai
Reporting to: Editorial Director
Time Out Dubai is looking for a dazzling Creative Solutions Editor to manage and deliver market-leading content campaigns for its stable of commercial partners.
You should have multi-platform experience, excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, and a passion for unique executions, from print features to quirky activations.
- Responsible for the overall production, execution and management of Time Out Dubai’s commercial content campaigns across print, digital, video and audio.
- Plan, write, edit and commission advertorial, branded and sponsored content across Time Out Dubai’s platforms.
- Determine what medium is best suited for a particular content piece and work with internal and/or external writers, producers, designers, photographers, videographers, illustrators, product editors, etc. to make it live on deadline and on budget.
- Work with the Editorial Director to ensure ALL executions reflects overall content / editorial standards and strategy, and Commercial Director to ensure client briefs are exceeded.
- Support the Editorial Director and Commercial Director by being an ambassador for Time Out Dubai, helping to develop creative, revenue-generating content strategies and packages, and establishing good relationships.
- Ensure Time Out Dubai’s editorial standards are met, all relevant copyrights have been cleared, content is optimised for SEO and content meets local and legal guidelines.
- Have your finger on the pulse of the local scene; use your professional contacts and social-media networks to be the first to identify the next big thing.
- Undertake reviews and attend events outside of office hours.
- Embrace Time Out Dubai’s digital-first philosophy.
Personal attributes and essential skills:
- A doer.
- Superb organisational skills.
- Passion for coming up with creative pitches and seeing through to fruition.
- Is excited by the challenge of last-minute, ad-hoc projects in addition to daily output.
- Able to work creatively and efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Data driven and excited by analytics.
- Excellent grasp and understanding of SEO best practice.
- Excellent knowledge of digital content creation.
- Highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience writing tight briefs for external contributors.
- The ability to write copy in line with highest digital editorial standards.
- A strong industry reputation. (desired)
- Flexibility and a professional approach at all times.
- Education: Must be educated to degree level or equivalent industry qualification.
- Desirable: Experience working in InDesign.
What we look for in a candidate:
ITP Media Group is company filled with individuals as diverse as the subjects we cover. At the same time there are common characteristics we all share.
To join our team you’ll want to…
- Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Either have experience at or want to dive headfirst into a fast-paced digital-first company
- Think BIG
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Be commercially astute
- Be a team player
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Assisting in raising the profile of Time Out Dubai Arabic and ITP Media Group
- Any other reasonable requests from the company directors
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter by completing the application form below.