Arabic Digital Reporter, Time Out - Dubai
Reporting to: Arabic Editor
Time Out Dubai Arabic is looking for a tenacious Digital Reporter with experience across digital, video and social media.
You must have a passion for emerging media, in-depth knowledge of Dubai, and be excited by the idea of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Pitch, plan, write, edit and proof content for web in Arabic.
- Meet individual weekly content volume targets as agreed with your manager.
- Work with the Editor to ensure ALL content reflects overall content / editorial strategy.
- Work closely with wider editorial team to plan and deliver city-specific content packages.
- Determine what medium is best suited for a particular content piece and work with internal and/or external writers, producers, designers, photographers, videographers, illustrators, product managers, etc. to make it live on deadline and on budget.
- Ensure Time Out Dubai’s editorial standards are met, all relevant copyrights have been cleared, content is optimised for SEO and content meets local and legal guidelines.
- Regularly manage and deliver sponsored or offer based content.
- Work with video team to create successful video content across multiple platforms, including print.
- Create content that meets individual and team goals (e.g., engagement, traffic, conversion, time-on page, etc.).
- Post digital content using our in-house CMS.
- Manage daily newsletter content curation and dispatch.
- Create bespoke digital (the candidate should get excited about this).
- Work with the editor to create a digital editorial calendar. Keep it current, identifying commercial and audience opportunities within it and communicating them to other teams.
- Support the Editor and sales team by being an ambassador for Time Out Dubai Arabic, by supporting and helping to develop revenue-generating content strategies and establishing good relationships PRs.
- Develop copy to support the commercial success of Time Out Dubai’s business in your vertical.
- Have your finger on the pulse of the local scene; use your professional contacts and social-media networks to be the first to identify the next big thing.
- Act as an effective brand ambassador for Time Out Dubai and an evangelist for our brand in the market.
- Undertake reviews and attend events outside of office hours.
- Embrace Time Out Dubai’s digital-first philosophy. A strong background in digital publishing is absolutely essential.
Personal attributes and essential skills:
- Fluent in Arabic (written and spoken) and English.
- A doer.
- Is excited by the challenge of last-minute, ad-hoc projects in addition to daily output.
- Data driven and excited by analytics.
- Excellent grasp and understanding of SEO best practice.
- Ability to articulate and repackage existing content so it works digitally.
- A demonstrable passion for and excellent knowledge of digital content creation.
- Highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise accordingly.
- Experience writing tight briefs for external contributors.
- The ability to write copy in line with highest digital editorial standards.
- The ability to work quickly to tight deadlines under pressure.
- A strong industry reputation (desired)
- Flexibility and a professional approach at all times.
- The ability to self-supervise in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in and contribute to a fun and dynamic team-based environment.
- Education: Must be educated to degree level or equivalent industry qualification.
What we look for in a candidate:
ITP Media Group is company filled with individuals as diverse as the subjects we cover. At the same time there are common characteristics we all share.
To join our team you’ll want to…
- Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Either have experience at or want to dive headfirst into a fast-paced digital-first company
- Think BIG
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Be commercially astute
- Be a team player
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Assisting in raising the profile of Time Out Dubai Arabic and ITP Media Group
- Any other reasonable requests from the company directors
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter by completing the application form below.