Senior Editor, Financial Planning - NY
Financial Planning seeks an experienced digital journalist to edit, report, guide and grow our award-winning coverage of wealth management and personal finance topics, including retirement, tax and estate planning, fiduciary regulation and investment portfolios.
SourceMedia (parent company of Financial Planning, American Banker, The Bond Buyer and other leading brands) is a dynamic, growing company that prides itself on industry expertise and innovative storytelling.
- Edit and write content with an emphasis on analysis, enterprise and investigative journalism for our readership of financial advisors and professionals in related fields.
- Use data and research to create and enhance content.
- Propose and create multimedia projects with other editorial teams, including videos, podcasts, webinars and long-form digital stories.
- Bolster our efforts to increase reader engagement through SEO, social media and other digital platforms.
- Support and grow existing franchises, including conferences such as In|Vest, In|Vest West, and research including the Retirement Advisor Confidence Index. Help create new franchises.
- Digital journalist with solid credentials and experience editing and reporting on wealth management and personal finance topics such as retirement and estate planning, fiduciary regulation, investment portfolios and related topics.
- Knowledge of financial markets, investing and tax planning.
- Experience using SEO and other digital platforms including social media to increase reader engagement.
- Desire to shape coverage, recast stories and help train new team members.
- Strong ability to collaborate with team members and multiple departments.
- Bachelor's degree and at least seven years of editorial and newsroom experience.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our extensive offerings include medical, dental, and vision coverage; disability and life insurance; paid time off; a 401(k) plan; a pre-tax transportation payment program; and subsidized health club membership.
For consideration, please click 'Apply' and send your cover letter, resume, clips and salary requirements.
SourceMedia complies with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination because of age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest records, unemployment status or any other protected category.