Generics Bulletin, News Writer / Reporter
An exciting opportunity for a news writer / reporter to join a global team of dedicated journalists who are passionate about the pharmaceutical industry.
This role will involve using proven reporting skills and understanding of the global generic and biosimilar medicines industries to communicate news and insight.
Generics Bulletin’s new digital platform delivers high quality real-time published news and insight on the Generic and Biosimilar medicine industries, keeping clients on top of the industry events that matter and supporting them to make business decisions, and ultimately enabling them to provide improved access to medicines for patients.
Generics Bulletin has covered the industry for over 15 years. It is now part of Informa, a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy helping customers work smarter and make better decisions faster.
In a typical week you would:
- Write two daily news stories (around 500 words) on issues such as:
- business results, strategy, deal-making
- leadership changes
- regulatory developments
- patent litigation
- Interview company executives to augment your articles
- Develop a data-led infographic
- Research/write a feature length story (around 1500 words)
- Attend conferences/meetings to report news, conduct interviews and build relationships (monthly)
Skills you need for this job:
- You’ll have the edge on other candidates if you have at least 3 years’ journalism experience covering the generic/biosimilar/pharmaceutical industries.
- If you don’t have the sector experience, you’ll need to demonstrate ability to transfer skills from other industries.
- Ability to extract key messages from complex information and communicate these effectively and succinctly (through written word /other formats).
- High level of curiosity – a desire for knowledge, prepared to ask and learn, with an authentic interest in others.
- High attention to detail, enabling you to consistently deliver articles requiring minimal editing.
- You should have a degree in journalism, sciences, languages, or economics or equivalent career experience.
- Microsoft Office suite, and familiarity with content management systems and infographic tools
Life at Informa:
- Joining a global Editorial team with over 1000 years cumulative experience
- You could be based anywhere in the UK (as a homeworker) – providing flexibility if you need to walk your dog during your lunchbreak or work flexible hours to accommodate family life!
- If you prefer to be office-based you can join our teams in Solihull or central London (brand new office with gym, roof terrace and discounted bars and restaurants)
- 5 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Company pension contributions
- Volunteering opportunities
- Annual travel loan
To apply, please complete the application form below to submit a CV with a short cover letter. You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.