Marketing Associate - Student Memberships, The Wall Street Journal - NY
The Marketing Associate supports the Student Memberships marketing team in developing and executing integrated campaigns designed to deliver on brand strategy, in life customer engagement and sales support.
You will contribute towards overall business objectives and the future direction of Dow Jones entities, namely The Wall Street Journal.
- Assist Marketing Managers with the execution and implementation of campaigns by ensuring all deliverables are on track for completion according to deadlines, and creative is in adherence to campaign objectives and brand guidelines.
- Nurture contact with a variety of stakeholders, coordinating with teams across the business to move projects forward.
- Represent the student customer: advocate for seamless customer journeys, champion the value of membership and arm yourself with key data insights to drive marketing strategy and communications.
- Understand the various university stakeholders, including professors, to understand their consumer journey and communicate effectively about new products and enhancements.
- Exercise a thorough knowledge of the brand and an ability to balance team goals with overall company objectives.
- Manage the creation, production, and delivery of marketing materials. Work with internal departments and external agencies, draft creative briefs, provide creative feedback and manage approvals.
- Deliver improvements in student subscriber activation. Manage the reporting of KPI and other indices as per set criteria, on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- 1-2 years experience working in a marketing or communications role. Media or publishing is a plus. (Previous internship experience will also be considered)
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, journalism or communications preferred.
- Experience in supporting campaigns that use a variety of marketing channels and communications methods.
- A passion for and understanding of The Wall Street Journal brand, customers, and products.
- A mindset that is data curious, data literate and digital first, with the ability to balance the need for art and science.
- The ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- First-rate communications and writing skills with the ability to present, as well as proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.Ability to stay calm under pressure and manage workload effectively in a fast paced environment
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).