Video Editor - Custom Content, Dow Jones - NY
The award winning Dow Jones' in-house Studio unit, is a fast-growing team of energetic writers, content and creative strategists, videographers, designers, photo editors and developers.
The work spans a variety of forms -- short- and long-form reported articles, immersive digital experiences, documentary videos, data visualizations, animations and more. This is an on-site (NYC) full-time position.
The Dow Jones stable of brands includes: The Wall Street Journal, WSJ. Magazine, MarketWatch, Barron's, Mansion Global, Moneyish, and more.
- Proficient in Editing in Premiere Pro & After Effects
- Ability to create motion graphics such as lower thirds or emphasizing text
- Must be able to work under minimal direction to identify and resolve problems
- Possess the capability to take something from concept to completion
- Background in graphic design is a major plus
- Skills in Compositing, 3D modeling/animation, and color grading are a major plus
- Work well on a team and successfully take direction from supervisors and clientele
- Adapt quickly and accept change - often have to toss our ideas and start fresh
- Maintain high and consistent standard of quality and speed
- MUST PROVIDE SAMPLES OF PAST WORK
Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive experience with VFX compositing, Video editing
- +3 years post-production experience, preferably with a content / advertising agency
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to effectively manage/coordinate simultaneous projects and prioritize multiple tasks
- Software knowledge
- Premiere Pro & After Effects / Audition / Photoshop / Encoder & Handbrake
- Illustrator (a Plus)
- Da Vinci Resolve (a Plus)
- Maya and/or Cinema 4D (a Plus)
- Video Editing / After Effects / Photoshop / Premiere Pro / Post-production
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).