Writer - Custom Content, Dow Jones - NY
The award winning Dow Jones' in-house Studio unit, is a fast-growing team of energetic writers, content and creative strategists, videographers, designers, photo editors and developers.
The work spans a variety of forms -- short- and long-form reported articles, immersive digital experiences, documentary videos, data visualizations, animations and more. This is an on-site (NYC) full-time position.
The Dow Jones stable of brands includes: The Wall Street Journal, WSJ. Magazine, MarketWatch, Barron's, Mansion Global, Moneyish, and more.
The writer is responsible for working within a team of marketing-oriented editors and creatives n the development of process and practices for Dow Jones Custom Studios, including but not limited to copy editing, fact-checking, interview release and request review, social and syndication copy processes.
This team is responsible for the creation of content across all platforms, including but not limited to websites and digital hubs, apps, e-newsletters, magazines, newsletters, social, events, infographics, e-zines, custom surveys, video and more.
- Write content copy and marketing materials.
- Work closely with editorial team to create best-in-class engaging content.
- Proof custom content materials
- Familiarity with WordPress and other content management systems.
- Familiarity with immersive multimedia projects combining video, text, photography and infographics to tell a complete story.
- Work closely with clients.
- 6+ years of writing experience.
- You will be highly organized and familiar with a creative landscape
- You will have the ability to work well in collaborative environment with designers, writers, developers and producers
- BA or relevant experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong project/time management and multitasking abilities
- Interests in advertising, marketing, media, social media and branding
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).