Team Assistant / Administrator - US Events, The Wall Street Journal & Dow Jones Media Group - NY
The Assistant / Administrator supporting the US Events group will join the team that produces best-in-class conferences, events and experiences for Dow Jones, The Wall Street Journal and DJMG.
The Assistant / Administrator will be responsible for working closely with the team to support all elements required to produce high quality member and client-focused events within the US.
The primary function of the role is administrative, but given the nature of the team's work, will offer an entry level insight into event production and management.
The role requires a high level of collaboration, coordination, attention to detail and ability to multitask. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with colleagues in US,, EMEA and APAC.
Administrative duties including, but not limited to:
- Shipping/tracking event materials
- Inventory management
- Coordinating and managing event schedules
- Processing invoices/expenses in an accurate and timely manner
- Finance duties including:
- Purchase Order creation
- Invoice processing
- Vendor on-boarding
- P&L tracking
- General ad-hoc tasks including, but not limited to
- store cupboard inventory,Managing global shipments for events, in close liaison with our internal post room
- Assisting in planning and executing events, not limited to RSVPs and on-site staffing
- Develop professional working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Meet and greet external guests for team meetings
- Oversee room bookings and meeting schedules for the team
- Manage travel booking & expense submissions for VP
- Relevant internship/part-time experiences will be considered
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Impeccable administration and organization skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with an inherent sense of care
- A strong team-player willing to lend help to ad-hoc tasks at short notice
- A friendly, pleasant disposition with the ability to build relationships both internally and externally
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail and Google Docs
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).