Marketing Manager - Financial Services, The Wall Street Journal - NY
Are you working in the Banking or Financial Services industry?
Interested in Marketing & want to change career trajectory?
Want to work with a premium brand like the Wall Street Journal?
IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES, PLEASE APPLY:
The Marketing Manager will play a major role in developing and implementing brand initiatives as well as marketing projects of import across the business.
You will drive growth by collaborating with multiple stakeholders and executing on strategy informed by data and focused on customer acquisition & retention. Moreover, you'll be a champion of the brand, nurturing internal and external cohesion.
Represent the voice of the customer and act as ambassadors of the brand. Be a conduit through which other teams work with each other, engendering true collaboration across the company.
Add strategic value in ways that unite the business throughout a diverse array of initiatives. Exercise a voracious appetite to improve the ways we work and our creative output.
The Marketing Manager plays a critical role in managing stakeholders from across the business, including Product, Acquisition, Sales and Newsroom. He/she will ideally have a sound understanding of the financial services, investment and banking industries and a passion for news and information.
What are my accountabilities?
- Create, manage and execute integrated global marketing campaigns for the Wall Street Journal and related Dow Jones brands
- Understand the needs of internal clients and develop scalable marketing solutions to meet those needs, including the Newsroom and PDE (Product, Design, Engineering). Effectively manage projects from end-to-end from strategy to execution and reporting
- Develop innovative campaigns using multi-platforms including social, video, mobile, display, search, content marketing, CRM, etc. Write briefs that inspire the creative team and drive best-in-class work
- Work closely with sales in planning customer journeys, goals and KPIs. Create strategies based on consumer analytics & subscription goals, audience reach, frequency of promotions, CPMs, offer and messaging targeting, impact of media and more
- Leverage consumer insights into acquisition and retention of customers
- Work with 3rd-party agencies and external partners, as well as internal marketing exec team to effectively execute on all aspects of a business program
- Work as part of a cross-functional team with Editorial, Innovation, Partnerships, Product, Ad Sales, Legal, and Engineering.
What do you need from me?
- The department's success will be measured against the The Wall Street Journal's aggressive growth targets. Your success will be measured by the creativity with which you solve problems and by your accuracy in managing integrated campaigns, their success in regards to specific goals, and of course by how well you work with your team members and other departments
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration or economics
- At least 6 years experience in a B2C or B2B marketing role. Specific experience in banking, financial services or wealth management highly desirable
- Experience of managing end-to-end marketing from analysis and planning through execution of successful integrated programs
- A mindset that is data curious, data literate and digital first, with the ability to balance the need for art and science
- Must be a creative thinker who continuously crafts innovative ideas to inspire target audiences
- Must be on top of new digital trends and experiences and can think and execute across traditional and emerging media
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).