Associate Graphics Reporter, The Wall Street Journal - NY
The Wall Street Journal is seeking an Associate Graphics Reporter to join its award-winning visuals team in New York.
The Associate Graphics Reporter will work closely with reporters, editors and other visual journalists to create news graphics and data visualizations for our print and digital platforms.
The Associate Graphics Reporter will focus on graphics and interactives about business news and also have opportunities to work on stories and explainers in areas such as technology, U.S. and world news coverage.
- Collaborate with reporters, editors and other visual journalists to generate new story approaches.
- Contribute to the creation of visual stories with graphics and interactives for print and digital platforms.
- Assist with research and reporting for original visual stories.
- Work with WSJ style guides, templates and tools.
- Contribute to editing graphics.
- Some newsroom experience and an understanding of news judgment is desirable.
- An appreciation of business news/specialized topic areas.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Good knowledge of charting and other data visualization techniques.
- Good knowledge of data tools, such as Excel, SQL, R and Python is desirable.
- Good knowledge of designing for mobile devices.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- The initiative to take on and learn new tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).