Graphics Reporter - Journal Reports, The Wall Street Journal - NY
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a Graphics Reporter to join its award-winning visuals team in New York.
The graphics reporter will focus primarily on Journal Reports, special sections published in print and digital, covering topics such as wealth management, health care, mutual funds and technology.
- Collaborate with reporters, editors and other visual journalists to generate new ideas
- Create concepts for new approaches to visual storytelling
- Create graphics and interactives for print and digital platforms
- Create graphics and interactives for both breaking news and longer-term projects
- Research and report original visual stories
- Contribute to editing other visual stories that are created in the department
- Prior experience in a newsroom, along with excellent news, data and design judgment
- A creative vision and willingness to share and collaborate on new ideas
- Strong visual journalism skills with at least one or two specialties that might include design, coding, 3D, animation or data visualization
- Experience with business news and charting
- An interest in data journalism and associated tools, such as Excel, SQL, R and Python
- Good knowledge of responsive design and best practices for designing stories for mobile devices
- Good knowledge of layout, typography, color and interaction design
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Ability to help reporters and editors learn new skills that will contribute to their visual storytelling
- Initiative to take on and learn new tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent communication skills
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).