City Guides Editor, Time Out - Dubai
Time Out Dubai is looking for a creative and talented City Guides Editor.
- Responsible for strategy, launch and delivery of Time Out's digital City Guides projects in the Middle East.
- Plan, write, commission, edit and proof content for web.
- Oversee newsletter content curation and dispatch strategy.
- Work closely with section editors and the content team to plan city-specific content packages.
- Determine what medium is best suited for a particular content piece and work with internal and external writers, producers, designers, photographers, videographers, illustrators, product managers, etc to make it live on deadline and on budget.
- Ensure Time Out's editorial standards are met, all relevant copyrights have been cleared, content is optimised for SEO and content meets local and legal guidelines.
- Regularly post content, which may include sponsored or offer based content to social media.
- Work with the video team to create successful video content relevant to your area of expertise.
- Create content that meets individual and team goals (eg - engagement, traffic, conversion, time on page etc).
- Post digital content using our in-house CMS.
- Create bespoke digital.
- Work with the editorial director content team to create a digital editorial calendar for each city. Keep it current, identifying commercial and audience opportunities within it and communicating them to other teams.
- Support the editor and the sales team by being the editorial face of Time Out's city guides, by supporting and helping to develop revenue generating content strategies and establishing good relationships PRs.
- Develop copy to support the commercial success of Time Out's business in your vertical.
- Have your finger on the pulse of the local scene, use your professional contacts and social-media networks to be the first to identify the next big thing.
- Embrace Time Out's digital-first philosophy. A strong background in digital publishing is absolutely essential.
- Act as an effective brand ambassador for Time Out Group and an evangelist for our brand in the market.
- Meet individual weekly content volume targets as agreed with your manager (eg - new posts, updated posts, new listings etc).
- Undertake reviews outside of office hours.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Is excited by the challenge of last-minute, ad-hoc projects in addition to daily output.
- Data driven and excited by analytics.
- Excellent grasp and understanding of SEO best practice.
- Ability to articulate and repackage existing content so it works digitally.
- A demonstrable passion for and excellent knowledge of digital content creation.
- Highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise accordingly.
- Experience writing tight briefs for external contributors.
- The ability to write copy in line with highest digital editorial standards.
- The ability to work quickly to tight deadlines under pressure.
- A strong industry reputation (desired).
- Flexibility and a professional approach at all times.
- The ability to self-supervise in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in and contribute to a fun and dynamic team-based environment.
- Fluent English.
- Education: Must be educated to degree level or equivalent industry qualification.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A CANDIDATE
Time Out is a company filled with individuals as diverse as the cities we live in and cover. At the same time there are common characteristics we all share.
To join our team you’ll want to…
- Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
- Either have experience at or want to dive headfirst into a fast-paced digital-first company.
- Think BIG.
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Be commercially astute.
- Be a team player.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
- Assisting in raising the profile of Time Out GCC and ITP Media Group.
- Any other reasonable requests from the company directors.
Please apply by completing the application form below with a copy of your CV, a cover letter and three writing samples reflecting why you are the ideal candidate for this role.
Apply for City Guides Editor, Time Out - Dubai
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly