Experienced Copy Editor - Long-Form Features, South China Morning Post - Hong Kong
The South China Morning Post is seeking an experienced long-form features editor to join Post Magazine, the newspaper’s award-winning flagship weekend publication.
The successful candidate will be required to commission and guide writers in Post Magazine’s long-form coverage of the region and beyond. The position demands the ability to edit and rewrite at the highest level.
- Editing, rewriting and fact checking long-form features ranging upwards of 2,000 words
- Commissioning and originating stories that are relevant to an increasingly global readership with a regional interest
- Ensuring stories include appropriate visual elements
- Substantial experience in journalism and editing longer-form features and/or the ability to demonstrate editing/rewrite skills at the highest level
- Commissioning experience and a knowledge of the region are preferred
- An understanding of, or willingness to learn, the tools of online publishing and SEO
- Enthusiasm and the ability to work harmoniously under pressure as part of a small, dedicated team
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Click 'Apply' now.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy/.
You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.